Exit site now Click this button if you need to leave the page immediately for your safety. Computer use can be monitored and this page will still appear in your web history. To speak to an advocate, call 800-942-6906 or text 844-997-2121.
LGBTQ victims of intimate partner violence experience tactics like those used in heterosexual relationships. They face additional risks because homophobia and transphobia add to abusers’ weapons of control and appropriate services are often lacking.
- Anti-LGBTQ Bias: The Context for Intimate Partner Violence
- What is Intimate Partner Violence?
- Bias-Related Control Tactics
- Identity-Based Abuse
- The Myth of Mutual Violence
- LGBTQ and Heterosexual IPV: Similarities and Differences
- Information for Victims
- Information for Advocates