The following members of the NYS DV Advisory Council developed new publications for 2010:
NYS Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NYSCADV)
Published 5 Technical Assistance Packets for member programs, covering the following topics: Expanded Access to Family Court, Strangulation, Traumatic Brain Injury and Domestic Violence, Safety Planning frameworks and the Intersections of Mental Health, Trauma and DV.
For more information visit NYSCADV's website.
NYS Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence (OPDV)
- OPDV published two informational guides in 2010:
- OPDV developed a web page for the media, and produced the following tip sheets:
- Covering Domestic Violence: Tips for the Media
- Working with Reporters: Tips for Domestic Violence Service Providers.
- The following articles were disseminated to all NYS law enforcement via eJustice:
- “The New Strangulation Statute & Domestic Violence Cases”
- OPDV Counsel Johanna Sullivan and Saratoga District Attorney Jim Murphy III co-authored an article which appeared in the newsletter of the New York Prosecutors Training Institute, Inc.: “Coordinated and Consistent Enforcement of Violations of Orders of Protections Can be a Crucial Tool in Stopping Domestic Violence,”
- OPDV produced and distributed the following reports:
- New York State Domestic Violence Dashboard Project - 2009 Data
- Domestic Violence Annual Report 2009
- Advisory Council Transition Report
- OPDV developed “Implementation Guidelines for Revision to Education Law: Addressing Domestic Violence and Stalking on College Campuses” to assist colleges and universities in implementing a new education law. The Implementation Guidelines coordinate with a new comprehensive webpage on domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking on college campuses. The guidelines and links were distributed to every public and private higher education facility in New York State.
For a copy of the Implementation Guidelines, send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYS Office of Probation and Correctional Alternatives (OPCA)
- Released the Probation Response to Domestic Violence: A Model Investigation and Supervision Procedural Package. This comprehensive document includes important information regarding the issue of intimate partner stalking.
- Released the Probation Officer Domestic Violence Policy guidance to assist probation administrators in the development of consistent local policies and responses to domestic violence when perpetrated by or against probation officers.
For more information visit the OPCA website.