Domestic Violence Palm Card
The following text is the content contained in the palm card that provides information about domestic violence services to all applicants and recipients of temporary assistance.
Front of palm card
This information is available to all applicants for welfare. It is intended to help you determine if you are a victim of domestic violence and to consider ways to make yourself and your family safe and self-supporting.
Are you in danger of your partner or ex-partner doing any of the following:
- Physically hurting you bym for example, pushing, grabbing, slapping, hitting, choking, or kicking?
- Forcing you to have sex when you don't want to or do sexual things you don't want to do?
- Threatening to hurt you your children or someone close to you?
- Constantly putting you down or telling you that you are worthless?
- Stalking, checking up on you or following you?
- Making you afraid