Balancing Technology Innovation and Safety within the Context of Gender-Based Violence
Date: October 20, 2021
Time: 12-4 pm E.S.T.
Conference Description: As our dependence on technology has dramatically increased during these unprecedented times, survivors have experienced an alarming spike in the misuse of their technology by those who seek to coercively control them. This conference, featuring national experts from the technology industry and academia, will provide participants with:
- An overview of the emerging risks associated with technology use.
- Recommendations for mitigating technology misuse.
- Strategies for increasing survivors’ privacy and safety.
Who should attend: Advocates and other professionals providing assistance to NYS survivors of domestic and gender-based violence.
Cost: Free of charge.
Moderated by Kelli Owens, OPDV Executive Director, and featuring:
- Rebekah Brown, Trust & Safety, Product Safety Apple
- Adam Dodge, Co-founder of EndTAB (Ending Technology-Enabled Abuse)
- Diana Freed, PhD candidate, Cornell Tech, (IPV and Youth Technology Facilitating Abuse)
- Eva Galperin, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Blessing Okorougo, Director of Social Advocacy, Match Group
- Kevin Roundy, Technical Director & Stalkerware Specialist, NortonLifeLock
- Annie Seifullah, Survivor-Attorney, CA Goldberg Law & Co-chair of NYC Cyber Abuse Task Force
- Cindy Southworth, Head of Women’s Safety, Facebook
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
**Every effort will be made to accommodate advance requests for full accessibility. If you have a need for closed captioning or other accommodation, please contact Kathy Grant at [email protected] for more assistance.**