Exit site now Click this button if you need to leave the page immediately for your safety. Computer use can be monitored and this page will still appear in your web history. To speak to an advocate, call 800-942-6906 or text 844-997-2121.
Make a Difference
Ways to Help in New York State
- You can drop cell phones off at any Verizon store. The Verizon Wireless HopeLine benefits victims of domestic violence.
- Donate professional attire to Dress for Success in Albany, Brookhaven, Nassau County and New York City.
- Volunteer to help out at Baby Buggy, which provides donated clothing to babies and young children in New York City.
- Donate non-perishable food items, baby products, maternity clothes and toiletries to the Family Justice Centers throughout the State:
- Call your local domestic violence service provider to see if they accept donations
- Volunteer with your local domestic violence program – see the OCFS listing to locate the one nearest you
- Volunteer for a variety of opportunities throughout NYC with New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- Volunteer with The Family Justice Center of Erie County, Inc.
- Participate in an internship with the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NYSCADV)
- Distribute materials. Volunteer to take
domestic violence public education materials (pamphlets or
posters) to share with:
- patrons at your local library
- patients at your doctor’s office
- customers at your hair salon
- colleagues at work and
- members of clubs and service groups where you belong.