The Risk Reduction Civil Legal Assistance Program
The Risk Reduction Civil Legal Assistance Program has five primary goals:
- Assure that victims of domestic violence identified as being at heightened risk of physical danger and/or lethality by a high-risk response team or lethality/danger assessment tool are prioritized to receive prompt, effective civil legal assistance, including issue-spotting, case analysis, legal advocacy, and representation as needed.
- Assure that high risk clients get appropriate legal assistance when it can do the most good – before there have been adverse experiences or outcomes in administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Provide high-risk clients the broadest range of civil legal assistance, through a combination of direct legal advocacy and representation, supplemented by referrals to assistance that cannot be directly provided.
- Enhance direct collaboration between the domestic violence program and the civil legal assistance provider to assure that prompt, effective legal assistance is available to victims.
- Report on outcomes of cases where targeted civil legal assistance to victims is provided.
A waiver of MWBE requirements has been granted for these contracts due to a lack of non-exempt budgetary categories.