In This Issue
- From the Executive Director
- The Intersection of Gang Culture and Domestic Violence
- Did You Know
- Protecting Indian Women with the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (VAWA 2013)
- Q and A About the Intersection of Gang Culture and Domestic Violence
- Legislative Update
- Rome Police Department’s Home Visiting Program
- Domestic Violence Training for Child Protective Services Workers
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
What are you planning to turn purple this year? Check out our Toolkit for ideas. During DVAM, send or tweet us photos and we’ll post them on Facebook and Flickr. Shine the Light!
In 2012, firearms were used in 23 of the 74 intimate partner homicides (31%) compared to 2011, in which firearms were used in 22% (20 of 89) of intimate partner homicides.
This statistic is taken from the 2012 New York State Domestic Violence Dashboard , available at the end of July.
Please send any comments or content ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to subscribe to the OPDV Bulletin, visit our website
Articles by outside authors are invited, but publication does not indicate endorsement of the opinions contained therein.
Permission to copy, use, and distribute content from The OPDV Bulletin is granted for personal, private, and educational purposes, except that reproducing materials for profit or any commercial use is strictly forbidden without specific permission from OPDV. Any reproduction or distribution of this material must expressly credit OPDV in a prominent manner, such as, “From the NYS Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, OPDV Bulletin, Fall 2013”. This statement does not pertain to material from other sources.