Why mental health professionals need to understand domestic violence and what they have to offer abused individuals seeking mental health services. Also briefly discusses issues in working with abusers who are in mental health treatment.
- Why mental health providers need to know about domestic violence
- Screening for domestic violence in mental health settings
- Helping clients who are being abused
- How can I get her to see that she needs to leave?
- Couple counseling
- What about treatment for abusers?
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Clinicians
- What about the children?
Resources for Clinicians
- Training & Technical Assistance
- Power and Control Wheel
- Helping Mothers and Children in the Aftermath of Domestic Violence
- Recommended Reading
- Recommended Reading on Batterers